Written by Ron Abramson on Friday, Apr 17th
Despite hiccups in the implementation of President Obama's proposed Executive Action [see prior blog post here], 2015 has gotten off to a very busy start for us.
We've had some unusually interesting and challenging cases, and while we cannot claim to be "undefeated", we have been fortunate enough to have some encouragingly positive results. A few examples of recent cases*:
- Naturalization approval for a U.S. military veteran who had spent almost 30 years worried about being deported to a country which left as a young child
- Obtained an L-1A Intra-company Transferee visa for a high-level manager in the hospitality industry, allowing our client to continue to grow its business
- Assisted a professional sports franchise to allow them to employ a much sought-after but often elusive Canadian Management Consultant with a TN Visa
- Received approval of a long-pending employment-based lawful permanent resident petition for an area high-technology company, allowing the business to retain one of its most skilled and valued employees
- Helped a client obtain emergency Advance Parole in order to visit a dying family member abroad without jeopardizing the client's pending Adjustment of Status application [which was since granted]
- Conducted a detailed immigration impact analysis for a prominent area criminal defense lawyer, resulting in the State dismissing otherwise deportable/removable charges against the refugee criminal defendant
Contact us if you have immigration questions. We may just have some useful answers.
*All clients - current & prospective - should note that past outcomes cannot predict future case results. Neither abramson IMMIGRATION+ SOLUTIONS, nor any law firm or other service provider, can guarantee a successful conclusion in a specific case.